ALL U NEED TO KNOW
Extract from “How To Buy a Business” manual by Jim Renwick
First edition June 1998
This ALL U NEED to know about “How to Buy a Business” manual has been written for you the prospective buyer, as a guide line to what is involved when purchasing a business and what it entails to ensure that you are going about it the right way.
Whether you are a first time buyer or have had a business before, the same sequence has to be followed in detail to ensure you of a good and lucrative buy.
Renwick has a 100% success rate of matching buyers who have the necessary expertise and qualifications to good viable businesses. The extent of our involvement is highlighted at the end of this manual.
I have compiled this manual to assist you, and if you follow these guidelines, you can rest assure that you are on the right track to enable you to purchase a business that is suitable to your expertise.
Remember a wise buy is a good buy, BUT a bad buy can have disastrous effects.
As C.E.O. of the RENWICK Group, I trust that as you study this manual, you will gain valuable insight into what is required to be done when purchasing a business or property for that matter. One very important thing to remember is that, YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK. For assistance with this, we are but a phone call away.
It gives me great pleasure to say that RENWICK has been and still is The Trusted Name in Business Broking circles Countrywide and without doubt “the preferred name to deal with when buying or selling a business”.
OUR BUYERS OF TODAY ARE OUR SELLERS OF TOMORROW
SEMINARS ARE PRESENTED IN MOST AREAS
AND BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
(Price to attend seminar R395.00 per person)
(Price of seminar manual R395.00)
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- What is a brokers mandate ?
- What is the reason one buys a business ?
- What is your reason ?
- Where does one start ?
- Pro’s and Con’s to buying a business as opposed to starting one from scratch.
- Where does one start looking ?
- What advisors can assist you ?
- Secrets to buying a business.
- What to look out for on sale and purchase agreements.
- What assistance can you expect from your broker (bearing in mind that a brokers mandate is simply to marry up a buyer and seller and so qualify for his commission)
- A RENWICK brokers involvement in a business sale.
- Lease agreements
- Collating of financials, management accounts and vat returns etc
- How to value a business.
- How to conduct a basic due diligence
It is of the utmost importance, before proceeding to buy a business, that everyone must,must,must either attend this “How To Buy a Business” seminar or at the very least purchase a “How To Buy a Business” manual.
Manuals are available from RENWICK HEAD OFFICE at R395.00 per copy.
Dates, venues and times of future seminars can be obtained from RENWICK HEAD OFFICE
Visit Contact Us